Target Audience for Activity: Grades 4-12
- Students will analyze the world around them.
- Students will analyze data and draw conclusions.
- Students will learn critical thinking skills.
- Read All About It Activity Sheet (Print one copy for each student)
Have students create and conduct a survey of their classmates, parents, and other friends. The goal of the survey is to determine: How do you learn about the world around you? Some of the questions should include:
- What are your sources of news?
- Newspapers (which one)?
- Television (which station)?
- Radio (which station)?
- Internet (which site)?
- Other people?
- Organization newsletters?
- What types of news interest you?
Encourage students to draft additional questions. Have them compile the results of the survey to determine the most popular news outlets. Results can be further categorized by age and gender.